Sunday, February 2, 2014

Scars - SayWeCanFly

It's not you, but this world you should hate. You're as beautiful as you were yesterday.

Hey everyone, it's Annie again.

Ah, this song is just beautiful.
It makes me cry, but encourages me to keep living.
I do realize how corny that sounds, but this song applies to me so much that it hurts.

The song: Scars by SayWeCanFly.

Why I like it: The lyrics are amazing. The raw emotion in Braden Barrie's voice is touching and heartbreaking at the same time.

A little bit about SayWeCanFly: SayWeCanFly is an acoustic one-man band featuring Braden Barrie, an emotional singer whose music serves to reconnect the world with each other on an emotional level. He hails from Ontario, Canada. Barrie says, "I want everyone to know that no matter what you are going through, someone on this earth understands."
He's been touring for about two to three years now, and HE WAS ON THE VANS WARPED TOUR. AHHHHHH~
Barrie has been featured in Alternative Press Magazine and the PureVolume website.

(What he says is really touching, you know? People ask how you're doing, or what the problem is, but not as many people ask, "How can I help?" Even less people say that they empathize with you. Anger and triteness is our shield and protection from being hurt again.)

Why I like SayWeCanFly: Braden Barrie's lyrics connect with me on an emotional level. Not just skimming the surface, but digging deep inside.
One terrible day, I was feeling like crap and actually wanted to die. You see, I get bullied at school. Yeah. There it is. I've cut and had suicidal thoughts because of that. But my sister (not biologically, because I only have a biological little brother) sent me this song - Scars by SayWeCanFly. I listened to it and it made me feel so much better.
The lyrics, the portrayal in the music video - it all got to me on an emotional level.

I love you, Braden Barrie. Thank you so much.

Yeah, I love you, the reader, too. :D



Watch the video. :)

Until next time, everyone.
See ya.
And those tears in your eyes are the product of lies. You've been lead to believe that they're true.

No comments:

Post a Comment