Saturday, January 25, 2014

Annie's Top Ten Heartbreak Songs (Part One)

Yo - it's Annie.
(No, really? DIDN'T YOU READ THE TITLE?)

Okay. This is a list of my Top Ten Heartbreak Songs. These aren't breakup songs, but songs I feel perfectly encompass the feeling of heartbreak.

Beware, I'm an emo/rock kind of person.

1. I Don't Love You - My Chemical Romance.




The most gut-wrenching lyrics: Well, when you go, don't ever think I'll try to make you stay / When you go, would you even turn to say, "I don't love you like I did yesterday"?

(I believe I've posted this song before. Well, this song is first in line for the first heartbreaking song I need to fill my heart with.)
The guy (ah, Gerard Way, how I love you~) is just stating, "I don't love you, get out." However, he still does love her. Watch the music video. The symbolism of the guy donned in black and the girl washed in white should smack you in the face.
*sniffles*

2. Dreaming With A Broken Heart - John Mayer.




The most gut-wrenching lyrics: When you're dreaming with a broken heart / The waking up is the hardest part

Gah, the feels. John Mayer's croons just add to the emotion of the song. That's enough stated.

3. Terrible Things - Mayday Parade.




The most gut-wrenching lyrics: She said, "Boy can I tell you a terrible thing? / It seems that I'm sick and I've only got weeks. / Please, don't be sad now, I really believe / You were the greatest thing that ever happened to me."

This song makes me cry. The story is just so saddening. Read the lyrics.

4. Why - Secondhand Serenade.



The most gut-wrenching lyrics: Why do you do this so easily? / You make it hard to smile because / You make it hard to breathe

This song just makes me feel frozen, yet melting inside. It makes me feel so sad.

5. Ohio Is For Lovers - Hawthorne Heights.




The most gut-wrenching lyrics: You know you do, you kill me well / You like it too, and I can tell / You never stop until my final breath is gone.

This song is screamo (but not really considered hardcore screamo - because I know I would scare people with that. ;^;)
Just listen to the song. Hearing the lyrics makes the reason I placed this song on the list rather self-explanatory, ne?

The feels have resurfaced. I'm feeling really down right now (I've been feeling depressed for the whole week...), so I'm gonna go cry my heart out.
Part Two will be posted soon.

I love you guys. So freaking much.
See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment