Wednesday, March 5, 2014

When You Forget by Annie Lai

This is a poem that I wrote really recently. Give it a read? :D When You Forget by Annie Lai When you forget me, my soul in your mind will slip away. Piece by piece. shard by shard, bit by bit, I will fade from your memory. All that will be left shall be a tiny tidbit left for you to subconsciously grasp onto but lose grip of. You will be puzzled by this sudden recognition of something - or someone - unknown. You will struggle to understand what has just surfaced. Will the unknown plague your mind? If so, how long? Will the strangeness of this mental thing confuse you? Or will you push this strange, unknown thought back into the recesses of your brain? Locked up in a closet, tossed into a bin labeled “Useless Thoughts”? Well, I’ll never know if you forget me or not. I can’t control that, but the odds are you will. I can contemplate over this for months and months on end. But I won’t. I’ll just sit here and hope for the best. Maybe you won’t forget me. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment